Summer Camp Overview
Kamp Kiwanis is a special place for children. Every year over 350 children and youth attend a magical, fun filled overnight camping experience in a positive, nurturing, and active outdoor environment. This experience is offered by the Kiwanis Club of Calgary Kamp Kiwanis who since 1951, through several major fundraising initiatives, have offered this experience at 100% subsidy for every 9-12 year old who attends Kamp Kiwanis. We gratefully recognize our many donors - who generously give funds every year to ensure that all children can attend camp at no cost to the campers and their families.
Have Fun, Be Safe, and Nurture Growth!
nomination forms for the following programs
will be available in spring 2018:
Outdoor Skills I
Outdoor Skills II
- We want kids to have fun
- We want kids to be safe - physically and emotionally
- We want kids to learn to respect other people
- We want kids to be active
- We want kids to develop relationships with the natural world
- We want kids to have full bellies
- We want kids to learn how to take care of themselves
- We want kids to learn how to develop a healthy self esteem
- We want kids to be inspired to be the best they can be
The 6 symbols of Kamp Kiwanis represent common themes interwoven through all of our activities.
- Being Active