Summer Camp Overview
Kamp Kiwanis is a special place for children. Every year over 350 children and youth attend a magical, fun filled overnight camping experience in a positive, nurturing, and active outdoor environment. This experience is offered by the Kiwanis Club of Calgary Kamp Kiwanis who since 1951, through several major fundraising initiatives, have offered this experience at 100% subsidy for every 9-12 year old who attends Kamp Kiwanis. We gratefully recognize our many donors - who generously give funds every year to ensure that all children can attend camp at no cost to the campers and their families.
- We want kids to have fun
- We want kids to be safe - physically and emotionally
- We want kids to learn to respect other people
- We want kids to be active
- We want kids to develop relationships with the natural world
- We want kids to have full bellies
- We want kids to learn how to take care of themselves
- We want kids to learn how to develop a healthy self esteem
- We want kids to be inspired to be the best they can be
The 6 symbols of Kamp Kiwanis represent common themes interwoven through all of our activities.
- Being Active