Junior Camp Overview
Junior Camp at Kamp Kiwanis provides a summer camp experience for children who are finishing grade 4. The camp sessions are 5 days long.
- Nature activities
- Field games such as soccer, cricket, and other cooperative games
- Ball hockey and basketball on our games court
- Initiative tasks and group development activities
- Many other specially designed activities by our staff
- Flatwater canoeing on our own "Lake Strum"
- Overnight camping under tarp shelters at one of our overnight
sites adjacent to our 3km of river frontage on the beautiful Elbow River
- Arts and crafts programs
- Swimming in our outdoor swimming pool
How to attend
Kamp Kiwanis is a bit different compared to most summer camps. Most summer camps have a first come, first served approach to registering their campers. Since Kamp Kiwanis aims to provide a summer camp experience for children who would otherwise have no opportunity to attend a summer camp, our registration process is based upon a nomination system. The majority of nominations come from teachers, but anyone can nominate a deserving child.
Once the forms are collected, a selection committee comprised of Kiwanis Club Members and Kamp Kiwanis Staff will sort through all the nomination forms and select the campers who are most in need of a summer camp experience. Once the campers are selected, a health and permission package will be sent to selected campers in early June.
Unfortunately, there are only a certain amount of spots available and sometimes it is necessary to create a wait list for campers. Often spots become available up to and including the first day of the session.
Junior Camp has finished for 2018. Please check back in April 2019 for Junior Camp 2019 Nomination Forms.