Intermediate Camp Overview
Intermediate Camp at Kamp Kiwanis provides a summer camp experience for children who are finishing grade 5. The camp session is 5 days long and runs from July 17 - July 22, 2017 or July 24 - 28, 2017.
- Nature activities
- Field games such as soccer, cricket, and other cooperative games
- Ball hockey and basketball on our games court
- Initiative tasks and group development activities
- Many other specially designed activities by our staff
- Flatwater canoeing on our own "Lake Strum"
- Overnight camping under tarp shelters at one of our overnight
sites adjacent to our 3km of river frontage on the beautiful Elbow River
- Arts and crafts programs
- Swimming in our outdoor swimming pool
How to attend
Kamp Kiwanis is a bit different compared to most summer camps. Most summer camps have a first come first served approach to registering their campers. Since Kamp Kiwanis aims to provide a summer camp experience for children who would otherwise have no opportunity to attend a summer camp, our registration process is based upon a nomination system. The majority of nominations come from teachers, but anyone can nominate a deserving child.
The nomination forms are due by the date listed on the nomination forms. Once the forms are collected, a selection committee comprised of Kiwanians and Kamp Kiwanis staff will sort through all the nomination forms and select the campers who are most in need of a summer camp experience. Once the campers are selected a health and permission package will be sent to selected campers in early June.
Unfortunately, there are only a certain amount of spots available and sometimes it is necessary to create a wait list for campers. Often spots become available up to and including the first day of the session.